Slating & Tiling
We are proud to offer our slating & tiling roofing services at a high standard and at a competitive price. Our services include New Roof Installations, Re-Roofs, Repairs, Restorations, Replacements, On going Maintenance, Storm Damage,Residential & Commercial Roofing, Fascias, Soffits & Gutters, Low slope roofs, Chimney Repairs, Roof inspections and Lead Work working on all types of buildings, large and small, old and new.
Many homeowners, give little or no thought to their roof or its maintenance until they have problems. The first signs of a problem are a leak or a damp patch appearing in the ceiling. These may only appear at certain times, when it has been raining heavily. Or you find some broken slates on the ground outside your house which have been dislodged during high winds. Whilst you can ignore the problem for a while, at some stage the problem will have to be faced; the roof needs some maintenance.
All elements of buildings require routine care and maintenance. Tile and Slate roofs are no exception. What you should look for:
1. Damp or leaks may signal a cracked or slipped tile. If a tile has blown off, it should be replaced quickly to prevent water from penetrating the felt underneath. Also, more tiles can be dislodged in high winds if there is one missing.
2. Leaks are usually confined to small areas and caused by one or more of the following problems:-
- Cracked or broken cement mortar bedding to the ridge and hip capping
- Cracked or broken roof tiles
- Displaced roof tiles
- Blocked drainage channels under the 'sidelaps' of individual tiles
- Flashings blocked, damaged or displaced
- Blocked gutters (including valley gutters) and downpipes
Caution: If your roof needs checking or if you have a roof leak, it's best to employ an experienced roofer to undertake the work for you. Walking around on roofs can be dangerous (and may even cause further damage).